Since it's the weekend, it might be nice to make something you don't have to eat in the car. Frittatas are like omelets for the oven. All the flavor, but you don't have to try to flip it on the stove top (or onto the floor as the case may be.) It's a crowd-pleaser! Feel free to experiment with other favorite veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Swiss cheese (or soy cheese), shredded
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese (or soy cheese), grated
- Cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray an 8-inch pie pan or baking dish with cooking spray. Beat the eggs in a bowl, then mix in all ingredients. Pour into the pan. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are firm. Cut into 2 servings (like an omelet!).
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Nutritional information (per serving; 1/2 frittata):
|414||23 grams||14 grams||4 grams||33 grams|