Motivation to stop smoking right now!
- Hands and feet become warmer from improved circulation.
- Blood pressure and pulse rate lower and approach normal.
- Mouth and hair no longer smell of smoke.
- Senses of taste and smell improve.
- Cough disappears and phlegm production returns to normal.
- Stamina increases significantly.
- Energy level is higher.
- Field of vision increases by 15 to 20 percent.
- Risk of all diseases caused by smoking is reduced - emphysema, heart attacks, and cancers of all types.
- You have improved your self-image.
- You have put yourself in charge of your life.
- You have a feeling of accomplishment and self-respect.
- You are becoming happier, less depressed.
- Never again will you have to plan every activity around cigarette smoking.
- Never again will you have to make excuses, or feel guilty about needing cigarettes.
- Never again will you have to go back into the house to be sure all cigarettes are extinguished.
- Never again will you have to take inventory of smoking paraphernalia before you leave your home or office.
- Now you can hold on to the excitement of being a winner and bask in a sense of well-being.
- You now project an image of self-control that is not available to smokers.
- Your house, car, and clothes don’t smell of cigarettes.
- You will have more time to devote to family and friends.
- You will not become a burden on your family members because of illnesses related to smoking cigarettes.
The following are the benefits of quitting smoking that follow are in accordance to the timeline before which the smoker has quitted smoking like:
- After 20 minutes - Smoking causes increase in blood pressure. This high blood pressure is very harmful as it increases the danger of heart attack. But as soon as we quit smoking the risk minimizes and blood pressure rate becomes normal.
- After 8 hours - Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in the blood are greatly reduced; oxygen levels in the blood return to normal. The chances of a heart attack start to fall.
- After 10 hours - Carbon monoxide (CO) level becomes half after 10 hours of quitting smoking. Carbon monoxide is one of the major pollutants that produce bad effects on cognitive skills and health. It also affects the oxygen, which is one of the most vital substances, which are necessary for survival. When the carbon monoxide level is high, it decreases intake of blood from lungs, which can lead to many serious problems. We increase our energy levels by smoothing the passage of oxygen as we restrict the carbon monoxide level by quitting smoking.
- After 24 hours - If you successfully completed 24 hours, it is a marvelous starting, for the chain smokers that provides them strong bearing power, less level of tiredness after exercise and quick recovery.
- After 48 Hours - When move to 48 hours from one whole day, it gives us a totally new experience as nicotine is removed from their body, which earlier has resulted in bad side effects by causing stomachache, vomiting and it also develops the probability of hypothermia.
- After 72 hours - Bronchial tubes begin to relax; energy levels increase. Breathing becomes easier.
- After 2-22 weeks - After 2 to 22 weeks of quitting smoking you will get rid of bad circulation and also of numerous other disorders like slow cold feet, skin healing, peripheral vascular disease (PVT), and Raynaud’s disease.
- After 1 year - After you quit smoking for 1 year, you will reduce the risk of heart attack to half. According to the studies conducted in U.K, smoking results in around 20,000 deaths due to heart diseases (Smoking and Heart Diseases).
- After 10 years - After reducing the danger of heart attack our good habit of quitting smoking results in minimizing the danger of lung cancer to half.
- After 15 years - After 15 years person who once was chain smoker leads a healthy life as a normal man who has never smoked. At last the good habit has repaid back.
Benefits of Smoking Cessation
- Every breath I take feels so clean and refreshing
- I'm not tired during the day...yet I sleep like a rock at night
- I have more stamina, endurance, and confidence
- More cash in my pocket
- My clothes don't stink
- I'm not ashamed of smoking anymore
- My anxiety level has gone way, way down
- I can breathe!
- I'm working out like a champ
- I am in control of ME
- No more coughing
- I'm eating better--I used to substitute cigarettes for food a lot
- I can smell again
- My complexion is much better
- My heart feels relaxed...like it can do more work with less effort now
- Less heartburn and indigestion
- More respect for myself
- No need to worry about attending events where I can't smoke
- My house smells good! My car smells good!
- No more fear of fire caused by smoking
- I spend money on my health now, like working out at a health club, instead of on cigs
- My sinus problems are gone!
- My allergies and asthma have improved
- I don't feel like a hypocrite
- I can sing again!
- No more time wasted smoking
- Whiter teeth
- Fresh breath
- Sharper thinking
- Pride in myself
- No more guilt about exposing family and friends to secondhand smoke
- Confidence in my ability to achieve whatever goal I set for myself!
Smoking cessation is not out of reach, it’s doable, and you have the ability to make it happen, right now. Believe it and believe in yourself.