15 Ways to Pamper Yourself - For $5 Or Less!
You’ve just successfully completed your first week on the Jenny Craig Program. Or you’ve just reached your halfway mark. Or you just need an inexpensive “indulgence” for no specific reason other than to make you feel good and help keep your life – and psyche – in balance.
Life is too short not to reward ourselves. After all, one of Jenny Craig’s main “success factors” is maintaining a balanced approach to living – which includes pampering yourself and taking well-deserved time to nurture mind, body and spirit.
If you had a reward “wish list,” most likely new cars, homes, jewelry and exotic vacations would be at the top of the hierarchy. But often it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference. Not only do they lift your spirits and put a spring in your step, they do so … affordably!
Here are 15 inexpensive indulgences that can turn your tepid day into a terrific one. The best thing is that each of them costs $5 or less!
- Nail polish in a bolder-than-usual color
- Fun hair accessories
- Toe-ring, ankle bracelet or earrings
- Temporary tattoo
- Temporary hair color
- Colorful summer flipflops
- Best-selling paperback at a used bookstore
- Nonfat soft serve frozen yogurt (splurge on strawberry topping!)
- Go to a matinee of the latest blockbuster
- Rent a movie you missed at the theater but have been dying to see
- Buy a nonfat latte at a sidewalk café and watch the world go by
- Go bowling
- Go swimming at a local community pool
- Toss water balloons around with your children
- Give yourself a face mask or another at-home spa treatment
- Deep condition your hair
- Place a cucumber slice on each closed eyelid and relax for five minutes