Monday, April 18, 2011

Artsy Quotesies 4/18/2011

I am interested in ideas, not merely in visual products.
- Marcel Duchamp

No artist is ahead of his time. He is his time. It is just that the others are behind the time.
- Martha Graham

Lord, let me always desire more then I think I can do.
- Michelangelo

The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure.
- Mikhail Baryshnikov

"Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment."
- Claude Monet

"A Good artist has less time than ideas."
-Martin Kippenberger

"The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it immensely. All art is useless."
-Oscar Wilde

"Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new."
-Og Mandino

"I hate flowers.. I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move."
-Pablo Picasso

"Practice what you know, and it will help to make clear what now you do not know."
-Rembrandt

"Everyone has talent at 25. The difficulty is to have it at 50."
-Edgar Degas

"To finish a picture? What nonsense!"
-Pablo Picasso

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."-
-Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment