Monday, April 18, 2011

Bob Ross Quotes

I loved and miss Bob Ross. Here are some of his sayings:
  • In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers. But when I get home, the only thing I have power over, is the garbage
  • Gotta give him a friend. Like I always say ‘everyone needs a friend.

After cleaning the brush with odorless thinner, while shaking off excess liquid by rapidly beating the brush against a post of the easel.He says:
  • Haha, and just beat the devil out of it.
  • I like to beat the brush.
  • You can use a brush rack to hit the brush on. Otherwise you will become unpopular real fast.
  • People might look at you a bit funny, but it’s okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different.
  • Shwooop. Hehe. You have to make those little noises, or it just doesn’t work.
  • Talk to the tree, make friends with it.
  • I taught my son to paint mountains like these, and guess what? Now he paints the best damn mountains in the industry.
  • That’s a crooked tree. We’ll send him to Washington.
  • That’s where the crows will sit. But we’ll have to put an elevator to put them up there because they can’t fly, but they don’t know that, so they still try.
  • The only thing worse than yellow snow is green snow.
  • The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.
  • The trees are oh so soft, oh so soft I freakin’ love it.
  • There’s nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.
  • Trees cover up a multitude of sins.
  • Try to imagine that you are a tree. How do you want to look out here?
  • Water’s like me. It’s laaazy… Boy, it always looks for the easiest way to do things.
  • We don’t make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.
  • We tell people sometimes: we’re like drug dealers, come into town and get everybody absolutely addicted to painting. It doesn’t take much to get you addicted.
  • We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news.
  • We’re gonna make some big decisions in our little world.
  • Well, the little clock on the wall says we’re just about out of time. God bless you my friend.
  • Well, the little clock on the wall says we’re just about out of time. Goodnight and God bless.
  • Well, the little clock on the wall says we’re just about out of time. Happy Painting and God bless
  • From all of us here I’d like to wish you happy painting…and God bless my friend.
  • When I was teaching my son Steve to paint, I used to tell him, just pretend he was a whisper, and he floated right across the mountain, that easy, gentle, make love to it, caress it.
  • You can do anything you want to do. This is your world.
  • I can’t go over 30 minutes, because we have a mean ol’ director with no sense of humor.
  • You can put as many or as few as you want in your world.
  • In reference to a variety of things including trees, clouds, mountains, hills, fence posts, rocks, etc.
  • Even if you’ve never painted before, this one you can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment