Seven Tips to Get Yourself into Swimsuit Shape!
Spring is the season to make a fresh start and now is a great time to get ready for summer. To help you look your best and make it into a swimsuit, Jenny Craig Chief Nutritionist, Lisa Talmini has these tips for you:
- Enjoy seasonal fruits and vegetables to add variety without sacrificing satisfaction. Fresh asparagus, green beans and strawberries have wonderfully robust flavor when picked at their peak.
- Substitute a sprinkle of chopped walnuts for hollandaise sauce, a splash of olive oil for butter, and sliced avocado for sour cream to keep the focus on heart-healthy fats.
- Limit casseroles, cream-based sauces and other winter "comfort foods." Instead, try a chef's salad filled with luscious tomatoes, lean turkey and reduced cheeses along with fresh berries garnished with fat-free whipped topping for dessert.
- Tackle your spring-cleaning, dig out your gardening tools or chase your children at the playground. Aim for 30 minutes of brisk activity most days of the week.
- Grab your walking shoes and hit the pavement, beach or trails. Instead of focusing on how far you need to walk, pay attention to the unique sights, sounds and smells of spring. You’ll feel rejuvenated by the time you return home.
- Using comfortable weights, resistance tubes or cans of vegetables, add 15-20 minutes of light weight training twice a week to tone up muscles. For every pound of muscle you gain, you burn an extra 35 calories – which can add up to a 10-pound weight loss over the course of a year.
- Adopt a fresh attitude. Just like a gardener can retrain a vine to grow in a new direction, so can a negative, judgmental thinking style be guided along a positive, self-accepting path.
*50 lbs/6 month limit. At participating centres. Clients following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs per week. Restrictions apply.
Jenny Craig Tip