Friday, October 14, 2011

Some great artist quotes 10/14/2011

"Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere." --Gilbert K. Chesterton

"Discipline in art is a fundamental struggle to understand oneself, as much as to understand what one is drawing." --Henry Moore

"In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing." --Vincent Van Gogh

"Creativity takes courage."--Henri Matisse

"If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."--Michelangelo

"Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish."--Michelangelo

"Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment."-- Claude Monet

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." --Andy Warhol


No comments:

Post a Comment